- About Us
- Insurance Programs
- Lehman’s Terms
Claim Prevention & Helpful Hints…
Protecting your home during the winter months:
- Remove any dead tree branches from trees on your property. Ice, snow and wind can cause tree limbs to break and cause damage to your home, parked automobile and pedestrians.
- Keep sidewalks and steps clear of ice. Someone falling on your property could lead to injury and a possible lawsuit.
- Clean gutters. Remove any leaves or debris to ensure that gutters are working properly. Ice and snow can build up in gutters that are clogged with debris.
- Make sure fireplaces and wood-burning stoves are properly cleaned and maintained annually.
- Before installing a wood-burning stove, check with local officials for the proper installation codes and techniques. Also contact your agent regarding new installation.
- Make sure buildings are properly heated at all times.
- Drain plumbing lines and turn water off to vacant or unused buildings.